Getting to know VARVARVARVAR is a jewelry company that has been manufacturing jewelry since 2015. We are located in Kyiv, Ukraine. Until 2020, the company operated under the Viking Workshop brand.
The company provides thrilling craftsmanship and employs only the best jewelers in Ukraine. Our own design department creates and implements the newest trends in jewelry design.
We offer only innovative models and designs that fully meet new trends and the current world fashion
The main task for us is the exceptional quality of jewelry and customer satisfaction.
We produce 3’000+ of jewelry per month. Since 2015, we have created 1’000+ different jewelry designs and received 3’000+ positive reviews from our customers.
Exceptional craftsmanshipWe use 925 (sterling) silver, gold (yellow, white, rose, 14K and 18K), platinum and bronze to create jewelry. VARVAR provides the full cycle of jewelry production: from the first sketch of the future items to the packaging of the finished jewel in a branded box.
Also VARVAR creates jewelry with precious and semi precious gems like amethysts, citrine diamonds, emeralds, rubies, sapphires, etc. Here at VARVAR, we buy gemstones only from the mining jewelry companies. All stones are tested for quality, beauty, and durability.
Different jewelry typesCurrently, the brand's lineup has 10 collections, and we are planning to expand the line. The main collections are Viking, Egyptian, Classic, Masonic, etc.
We create rings, pendants, cufflinks, chains, bracelets, beads and custom designed jewelry.
Process of jewelry creation
- First we make design:
- Sketch - the designer draws the first sketch of the future jewelry on paper;
- 3D model - a specialist creates a 3D model of the item in a graphics editor on a computer;
- Plastic prototype - items can be crafted using milling - to make simple ornaments, or 3D printing for more complex ones.
Formation:First, we take plasticine the size of a small box. Then the jewelers press the plastic prototype into the mold so that its imprint remains in the plasticine.
Waxing:We fill the plasticine mold with hot wax and wait for the wax to harden. Then we need to glue some wax figures to a special cylinder.
CastingWe dip a cylinder with wax jewelry into a casting box and pour a special mixture into it. Next, we need to pour hot metal into a wax cylinder. As a result, the wax melts and evaporates, and metal gets the shape of jewelry.
- Primary processing. Removing extra pieces of metal from the jewelry.
- Grinding. The jewelry is grinding to make it smooth.
- Soldering. Sometimes a piece of jewelry consists of several parts. Then the assembler melts the metal and joins the pieces together.
- Blackening. The metal needs to be blackened to make every detail eye-catching. The jewelry is grinding again to become silvery black, which makes the details stand out.
- Polishing. For a mesmerizing shine, craftsmen polish almost finished jewelry.
- Adding a stone. The final stage is when gemstones are inserted into the jewelry.
Why does VARVAR jewelry change the perception of beauty?
In these collections, each detail has its own hidden meaning and carries it to the masses, reproducing a certain ornament or symbol.
If earlier we aimed to create thematic jewelry, now we are looking towards the trends of classic jewelry for women and men all over the world. We are convinced that thanks to BARBAR jewelry, everyone will feel like a superstar.
June 2014The first idea to create a company
july 2014Opening of online stores on Etsy and Amazon
March 2015The company sold the first thousand jewelry
April 2015Opening our first own online store - Viking Workshop website
MAY 2015VARVAR created the first golden item
june 2015VARVAR created the first item with a precious stone
January 2016The company sold the first ten thousand jewelry
july 2016The company created Masonic, biker, and Marine collections
december 2016Creation of its own full jewelry making cycle
june 2017Started working with partners for dropshipping and wholesale
november 2017The staff consisted of 10 employees
april 2018The company has created 1,000 unique jewelry designs
november 2018The brand's products were sent to 70 countries from around the world
october 2019Creating a VARVAR Classic collection
october 2020Creating the VARVAR brand